9/21/10

the perks of being a wallflower

so, new school. i never knew that would mean what it means here. there are things that i love and things that i dont understand. i love meeting new people everyday.. i love that there are so many hidden rooms and i get lost all of the time, like hogwarts... i love my room and my quadand all of my room mates.. i love my brother dorm... i love the musicandconvo and my classes and the coffee shops and downtown.. there are so many good things.. andyet, there are so many things that are the kind of new that make a person feel like theyjust want to be home for a little while.. like the fact that i feel somisunderstood sometimes, and the fact that this is the first place that no one knows to make fun of me every time they hear the song "twinkle twinkle little star" and that i have to re-introduce myself and choose betweensaying "philly" or "philadelphia" every day. ... obnoxious. or feeling like the new kid still.. or sucking at music theory even after tutoring. it kind of hit me this week.. that i am just another person here. nothing special, just a wallflower observing and trying to find a comfort zone and a place to grow and thrive.
and then.. right in the midst of my negative nancy complain-fest, I was reminded that God is so much BIGGER than my downer days and my insecurities and my uncomfortable current situation. and i remembered that i was not called to be comfortable.

[James 1:2 Consider it Joy my sister when you face trials of many kinds...the testing of your faith develops perseverance.]
Thankyou, un-named encourager.


so i found some things that make me happy.
the beach that i grew up going to with my family and cousins.
who else had this book? ... i love making and receiving friendship bracelets
brett and jemaine

guilty pleasure.

sega genesis: tiny toon adventures. If you dont know, you don't deserve to.
ya.... i just loved this picture.
my room and escape from the chaos.
kristen partin photography and reminiscing England.



No comments:

Post a Comment