1/11/11

reduce reuse recycle

i love lamp


My project last week was this lamp that I found on the sidewalk.I saw it and almost peed. It's perfect! It was shadeless and calling to me. The next part of this project can only be explained by prefacing to you that trash day after New Years is famous in Aston PA for being the big treasure trash day where many Astoners including the Trinkle sisters go driving through neighborhoods looking for furniture and anything salvageable... I found a the perfect lamp shade to go along with my classy grandma lamp. The material was moldy and pretty nast. I decided to rip it off and cover the shade with a dress that I bought a few years ago that I would be lying to myself if I thought I might wear it again one day. The result was really cute, and 100% free... there is absolutely no shame in trash picking. I'm so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment