1/18/11

sketchers



Today, I fell in love.
I know that there is a great chance some are going to judge me for what I am about to say. But thats a risk that I am going to have to take. The last class of my day today is the first math class that I have taken in three and half years. It was ridiculously hard for me to even FIND the class... its like Liberty and I are equally against me taking this class. It was in a huge cubicle-y class room in the very back of the last room in the computer lab (in the underground railroad.) and it took me 15 minutes to find it. I was one of the last people to walk into the cubicled class room and find a seat. We were all just like hanging out and talking until our professor walked in. He was pretty young. He introduced himself... in an authentic Australian accent. I have NEVER been one of those kids to have a crush on one of my teachers... for a few reasons.. some of them being:
I had way more female teachers than male teachers,
not including my 50 year old 5th grade teacher at Faith Academy Mr.Kuiken.
And I watched an episode of Law and Order about a teacher-student scandal when I was younger and EWWW.

So, this was very unusual for me. When he started talking, all of the girls around the cubicle looked at each other like- "OMG.... is this really happening right now?" He continued going over the syllabus and then on to his life story. He grew up in a Christian home- check. He moved around a bunch when he was younger- check. His family lived in the Philippines as missionaries for a little while- SERIOUSLY??! check! and then he moved to Liberty after grad school and met his cross country trainer wife- dream squandered, but good for him (I guess.)
Then he stepped out from the podium and BAM- he was wearing those shoelaceless man sandal sketchers. Shoes tell so much about a person... and those stretchy sketchers ruined a perfectly fine australian accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment